We are dedicated to providing support, services, and education to young women in the greater Boston area who have been diagnosed with breast cancer.
Thrive understands the disruption and havoc a breast cancer diagnosis in one’s 20s, 30s, and 40s can cause. Thrive was founded by young women who have shared this experience. We recognize that the needs, concerns, and priorities of younger women diagnosed with breast cancer can differ from those of their post-menopausal counterparts.
Thrive’s offerings include:
- Support and networking groups for young women in active treatment, those who have completed treatment, and those living with metastatic disease.
- Mentoring program for young women diagnosed with breast cancer who would like regular contact with a volunteer who has had similar diagnosis and treatment or is in a similar life situation.
- Comprehensive resource package including general information on books and web sites as well as a guide to local resources and services such as wig vendors, personal trainers, nutritionists, and therapists.
- Education series featuring guest lecturers addressing topics important and relevant to young women diagnosed with breast cancer. Education events will also provide opportunities to socialize and network.
- Outreach and education to healthy young women through presentations of Keeping Abreast, a live staged performance by and about young women and their unique experience with breast cancer.
Please bookmark this site and check back often for news of upcoming events, support and networking group schedules, and new resources.
Thrive looks forward to serving you and expanding our community of comfort and hope.